News< back to all news
Volunteer Position: Foster Coordinators
Posted September 21, 2023
Paws for Hope Animal Foundation Paws for Hope Animal Foundation strives to keep pets and people together, ensures BC pets survive and thrive, and supports positive change in animal welfare.
Paws for Hope values the human-animal bond and believes that, whenever possible, loved pets should be supported in the community in order to keep them with their families. In addition to preserving the significant bond between people and their pets, it helps to free the rescue and shelter system for those pets who are truly homeless and/or survivors of intentional acts of cruelty and neglect.
No Pet Left Behind is a Paws for Hope program that provides temporary foster care for pets whose people are experiencing a crisis, such as fleeing violence. We work in partnership with veterinary hospitals, animal shelters and rescue organizations and volunteer foster homes to ensure pets and their people can find safety.
We are looking for a foster coordinator to assist Cassie with foster coordination in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
Summary of position
The Foster Coordinator is a volunteer position reporting to the No Pet Left Behind Program Manager. The Foster Coordinator will be the primary liaison between community partners and fosters and our No Pet Left Behind Program Coordinator, and duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with pets transports as needed
- Data entry
- Follow up with potential and existing fosters
- Provide pet supply delivery to fosters as needed
- Building relationships with social and housing services and other first responders in the community to promote Paws for Hope services
- Promoting foster and other volunteer opportunities in the community
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, collaborative and a good listener
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Values collaboration, maintaining an environment of honesty, openness and energetic exchange in a professional manner
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Passionate about animal welfare and the human/animal bond
- Proficient in handling cats and dogs (other animals an asset)
- Pet First Aid not necessary, but considered an asset
Approximately 2 hours a week. The coordinator must have regular access to a vehicle.
This is a volunteer position. The coordinator will be reimbursed for mileage and any out-of-pocket expenses.
Posted October 11, 2023
Posted September 07, 2023
Posted July 06, 2023