News< back to all news
Job Posting: Human Support Coordinator
Posted January 05, 2021
Summary of Position
The Human Support Coordinator will be the lead staff member for Paws for Hope Animal Foundation’s Better Together Program. The Coordinator is responsible for outreach, stakeholder engagement, program promotion and supporting clients enrolled in the Better Together program. The Coordinator is accountable to the Executive Director.
This is a home office position. The Coordinator will need to be located in Metro Vancouver or the Fraser Valley region of British Columbia and be a self-directed worker. Having a vehicle will be considered an asset.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Enroll pet guardians into the Better Together program.
- Act as a liaison between Paws for Hope clients and Veterinary Service Providers.
- Assist the family with making pet-related treatment decisions.
- Offer assistance in coping with the life adjustment associated with the illness or death of a pet.
- Link pet guardians with existing community resources to meet their pet-related needs.
- Provide consultation, with informed consent, with the pet guardian’s mental health and/or other support professional(s).
- Maintain records and communication methods.
- Provide service reports.
- Assist in the annual evaluation of the program.
- Link pet guardians to services and supports in the community to assist with other life circumstances or crises, including, but not limited to, domestic violence, addiction/mental health treatment and food insecurity.
- Manage program budget.
- Manage data collection for research and evaluation purposes.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Social services sector and /or veterinary technician/animal health technologist.
- Community and stakeholder engagement.
- Collaboration with both paid and volunteer teams.
- Project management.
- Trauma-informed training, an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, collaborative and a good listener.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Values collaboration, maintaining an environment of honesty, openness and energetic exchange.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Passionate about animal welfare and the human-animal bond.
Hours: This position is for 20 hours/week, with the goal to grow into a full-time position.
Compensation: This is a salary position at $24/hour.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates are invited to submit a cover letter with their resume detailing their experience and qualifications to Paws for Hope’s Executive Director, Kathy Powelson, at [email protected].
Deadline: Please apply by 4:30 PM (PST) on Wednesday, January 27th, 2021.
Posted November 22, 2021
Posted March 25, 2021
Posted February 18, 2021