News< back to all news
Volunteer Board Member Positions Available
Posted January 01, 2019
Paws for Hope Animal Foundation is an animal welfare charity that provides care for pets in need, education for the community and support for the animal welfare sector.
We are committed to the establishment of a more sustainable approach to animal welfare issues within the province and work closely with partners and others in the field to build such sustainability and accountability. Direct assistance is provided to homeless and low income pet guardians through donated food and supplies, free animal healthcare clinics, funding for emergency veterinary care and no cost spay and neuters. We also provide grant assistance to animal welfare charities, lead the Animal Welfare Advisory Network of BC (AWANBC) and conduct advocacy initiatives on issues that impact animal welfare in our province.
We are currently in a growth stage and have plans to expand the areas of support provided to people and pets, including expanding the free clinics, increasing access to veterinary care and the creation of a crisis foster care program for individuals leaving abusive situations. We also have a long term goal of building a sanctuary.
The Board supports the work of Paws for Hope and provides community leadership, fund development support and strategic governance. Board members play a critical role in helping to move Paws for Hope to our next level of development.
We are looking for individuals with specific experience in:
- Charity Law
- Fund Development
Specific Board Member responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Leadership, governance and oversight
– Serving as a trusted and devoted advisor to the Executive Director with the development and implementation of the Foundation’s strategic plan.
– Attend bi-monthly Board meetings and review agenda and supporting materials prior to meetings.
– Approving Paws for Hope’s annual budget, audit reports and making decisions on the Foundation’s governance and direction.
– Assisting the ED and Board Chair in recruiting other Board Members and/or committed volunteers.
– Serving on at least one committee and/or specific task forces.
– Representing Paws for Hope to stakeholders and the community at large; acting as an ambassador for the organization.
Board Members are expected to make Paws for Hope a philanthropic priority and to make annual contributions to the Foundation. In addition to their volunteer services. Fund development and achieving financial sustainability is a high priority for the Foundation, and Board Members are expected to help contribute to achieving financial growth of the organization.
Paws for Hope’s Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment with Board and membership approval. Board meetings are held in person on average every other month with additional teleconference meetings as required. Committee meetings take place through email correspondence or as required via teleconference if in person meetings are not possible. Our Annual General Meeting is held in September and Board Members are expected to be in attendance.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
– Professionalism and experience in fund development and financial growth in the non-profit sector.
– A commitment to the understanding of animal welfare and the community members Paws for Hope serves through its programs and services.
– An agreeable personality with the goal of building consensus and facilitating respectful discussion among diverse individuals.
– A passion for improving the lives of animals and a belief in and understanding of the human-animal bond and how it pertains to those we serve.
Resume and Cover Letter
Please submit a detailed summary of your experiences and qualifications, along with a letter highlighting your interest in Paws for Hope and how your skillsets will best serve the Foundation and those we strive to serve within our community.
Please submit all documentation to Paws for Hope’s Board President, Dr. Shawn Llewellyn by email to email@example.com.
Posted November 24, 2020
Posted November 21, 2020
Posted October 31, 2020